Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Reason I thought to start a blog


Some of my friends are bloggers, some aren't. I thought it was a useless thing and thought till today there is no use at all.But yesterday night when I was preparing my CV for a job I thought what I actually did for the following years. I got my first computer when I was in grade 7, that's in 1999. I remember the first application I used it was Windows Paint. The first game I played was Comondos 1 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commandos_(series)) .It was a Pentium III, 666MHz processor.Today in 2012 after 13 years later I am using a HP Pavillion Lap with Core 2 duo, 2.1GHz. But thats not what I was going to say.

I started my Face Book account in 2008 when I got selected to university. One of the main uses of my account is to keep track of me and what I did in the university and my life outside the university.
When I joined the university there were couple of things that changed me. The culture inside the university and the opportunities to take part in activities with people made me more sociable than during my school time. From grade 9 onward I attended Anada College, Colombo 10 till I sat for the Advances Level examination.  (http://www.anandacollege.net/Home-0.html). But during the school time I was not that much to any extra curricular activities, So I told myself to use all opportunities to develop that side of mine. I must agree that being in a society, engaged in a sport do really help people to build their character faster than others. 

I refurbished this blog I made to test blogging about 2 years back to share some of the experience that I collected during the following years. This will be for me, may be after about 40  years, when I have nothing to do, I will get an opportunity to see again of what I did.Community service, nature lover became some of the main interests in my life. 
  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers