Saturday, August 11, 2012

Department Awurudu Food Table 2010 - Organised by the EESOC


Its the custom of the department to celebrate national festivals in the department with students and Lecturers. This year we 080 batch got the responsibility in organizing the event. As there was no one to compeer on that day, I was entrusted to do the job and I had no clue what was the order of the events that has to perform and there was none to give the compering as well, what to do. I welcomed them and ask few lecturers to talk on behalf of the others on the occasion, next in line should have been to show our respect by giving some beatle leafs (bulath athak). But I forgoted it, so I invited them to enjoy the sweets. People were anxious and somebody close by told me that I have skipped one tradition, what to do. I excused the gathering and corrected the mistake. so After lectures I said, "Final year nangila mallila  dan ahara anubwa karanna(enjoy food)". When I say this I was in level 2, 2 years behind the people I called younger brothers and sisters. Thank God, the seniors let me go without any penalties. ha ha ha , funny memories when I see this pictures. I recall all the crew ups I had during my stay in the Department of Electrical Engineering, University of Moratuwa









No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers